Have you admired the smiles that celebrities flash on cameras while they are one the red carpet? If the answer is yes, then you are not alone. Many people think that celebrities were born with these smiles. This is far from the truth. A beautiful smile is an investment. The key to most of the beautiful smiles that you see is veneers.
What is a veneer? It refers to a thin film of porcelain that is used to cover the surface of your tooth. The purpose of veneers is to enhance the look of your teeth permanently. It is one of the innovative procedures in cosmetic dentistry that have been discovered to correct how teeth look.
What Do Veneers Do?
- If you have crooked teeth, you can consider getting veneers because they help in giving the appearance that your teeth are straighter.
- Close spaces- when you have gaps on your teeth, they do not make your teeth look good. Closing these gaps can be done using veneers
- Fix small chips- it is important to note that if you have a huge chip on your teeth, you might need extra help. Veneers can be used to fix small chips that occur on the enamel.
- Lighten discoloration- a beautiful smile requires your pearly whites to be the right color. Veneers will help in whitening your teeth to look white.
Some of the things that you need to note about veneers when going for the procedure include:
- You should get this procedure from a qualified cosmetic dentist. They are better equipped to handle the procedure. A regular dentist might offer you the best services.
- Veneers are a minor dental procedure. You might get them in 2-3 dental visits.
- The dentist will remove a little enamel from your teeth, to prepare your teeth for the procedure.
- In some cases, you might need anesthesia for the procedure. The procedure is not painful but some people need the drugs to calm down during the procedure.
If you are not happy with your smile, you can always visit a dentist to see whether your teeth can be perfected by veneers. Veneers change the color, shape and even size of the teeth. The veneers will make your teeth look like they are evenly shaped and have a beautiful white color. This means that you can have the smile that you have always wanted.