Oral hygiene is extremely important in dental care. You need to regularly clean your teeth to ensure that they are healthy. Regular brushing of teeth also ensures healthy gums remain healthy and fresh breath. This is the main reason why experts encourage regular brushing of teeth. It is important to brush your teeth at least two times in a day. You are also advised to brush them using a good brush.
Electrical brushes are a good invention and a blessing to dental care. This is because they are more effective than manual toothbrushes. However, they will cost you more. Electrical brushes are preferred because of the benefits associated with them. These include:
- These toothbrushes will massage your gums while you are cleaning your teeth. Massaging your gums is an effective way of preventing gum diseases. This is because massaging your gums will help in circulation. Massaging with an electrical toothbrush is faster and takes a shorter time than a manual toothbrush.
- An electric toothbrush has a small head. This makes it easy for it to reach the back of your mouth and small spaces between your teeth that would have otherwise been impossible to reach. This will get rid of all the plaque that might stick between teeth to form cavities.
- Electric toothbrushes have longer handles than manual toothbrushes; this makes it easy to use. All you have to do is to guide it along your mouth and it will do the cleaning for you.
- Electric toothbrushes are also fun to use. This means that you will probably brush for the required length of time, which is two minutes because the process is easy.
- These toothbrushes come with new technology and features designed to make the process of brushing teeth easier. Some of the new technology and features include:
- Several brushing modes that cater for different needs like sensitive teeth, teeth whitening or gum massaging.
- Signals that will indicate when you are applying too much pressure in brushing your teeth.
- The new models have timers that you can use to monitor how long you have been brushing your teeth. It should not be less than two minutes.
- It has reminders for when you should be replacing the head of your toothbrush.
- The toothbrushes can accept different types of heads, allowing you to choose the type of bristles that you prefer.